We have the Best Coffee Beans!
We make every effort to source the best Specialty Arabica Beans in Africa and in the rest of the world.
Specialty Arabica coffee is…
- The most flavourful, smooth and deliciously fresh and fruity coffee there is
- Has no harsh and bitter aftertastes
- Grown in higher altitudes, 1200 m above sea level
- Grown in temperate climates (between 15 and 25 C) – this coffee cannot stand extreme frost and heat
- Grown in fertile volcanic-like soils, where additives are unnecessary – so most of this coffee is naturally ORGANIC
- Grown under large shade trees, which further reduce the amount of heat the coffee is subjected to.
- All the above factors facilitate the slow, enriched growth of the coffee tree such that its fruits bear the very best bean flavours.
- Plus the beans are hand-picked, often in multiple cycles, to ensure that only the ripest beans are selected at any given time.
- Naturally lower in caffeine than harsher Robusta offerings – caffeine is a plant’s natural defence mechanism against bugs and disease, so it stands to reason that in cooler, temperate areas where there are fewer pests, the plants would need less caffeine to fight them off.
Green Bean Coffee is now proudly roasting Rainforest Alliance Certified ™ single origin coffees.
- We Roast-to-Order in the most optimal way to ensure that the best flavour profile is achieved.
- All our coffee is roasted-to-order
- Plus it is optimally roasted – we do not believe in “burning” the coffee to get maximum flavour out of it;
- We roast to a medium-roast profile, and depending on the bean, release at just after “first crack” or just before “second crack” – in layman’s terms, light-medium roast to dark-medium roast.
- We never practice “dark-roasting” where there is obvious “oil” on the bean, which tastes burnt, in our opinion
Delivered Fresh within 36 hours!
- We can deliver this product to your door within 36 hours of ordering, in the Gauteng region of South Africa
- We deliver within 36 hours of roasting in main metropolitan areas (for a small fee - R60 ex vat)
- Compare that to what you probably get in a supermarket – you will be lucky if you get stock that is 36 days old!